February Blog Problem of the Month

X     Y

3…..7

5…..11

8…..17

4…….?

6…….?

?…….21

?…….25

So what is going on here? Well it is time for a little Function Fun! If you look at my function table (ok – really can’t create the boxes here – but you get the idea), what numbers go in all the question marks? What is the function rule? Well beside the 4 would be a 9, so (4,9). Beside the 6 you would get a 13, so (6,13). The final two would be (10,21) and (12,25). By now I’m sure you figured out the function rule which is twice the X value plus one. I’ll write that as Y=2X+1. OK, I know what you are thinking. Good for you Mr. Polack, now what are we suppose to do? Well here is your challenge, during the month of Febreuary everyone gets to make as many Function Fun tables you like. Just as I did up top. You need to have at least three lines with both x and y values and then at least a few with missing x values and a few with missing y values. (Hint: Use seven periods between numbers.) DO NOT TELL PEOPLE THE RULE OR THE ANSWERS LIKE I DID! During the last week of February, I will go in and start approving answers to be posted. So you can try to solve each other’s Function Fun Tables but I won’t post any answers until the end of the month. Then in class, we will see who was able to figure out whose tables. Feel free to make as many as you like! On your mark… get set…FUNCTION AWAY!!!!!

9 thoughts on “February Blog Problem of the Month

1. X…….Y
    4…….20
    9…….30
    16…….?
    ?…….50
    36…….?
    ?…….70
    64…….80
    ?…….90
    100…….100